Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Monday, 9 June 2014
It's been a loooong time since I uploaded anything!! So let's start with a fan-art!! The new series, Penny Dreadful is my latest obsession!! I LOVE it!! Here are four characters from the series, (top two) Ethan Chandler, Vanessa Ives, (lower two) Dorian Gray and Victor Frankenstein.
Those of you who don't know what it is, it's basically famous fictional characters like Dracula, Dorian Gray, Frankenstein thrown in dark-themed Victorian Era working together / against each other. If you're into any of that stuff, don't miss out on the series!
Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Monday, 25 November 2013
Just wanted to give you guys a glimpse into how I usually go about creating Characters:
1) I start with a concept in mind. Decide a few fixed parameters. Like here, my fixed parameters were, Earth Mage, Long Hair, Flowing Clothing, Floating Pose, Power Circles etc.
2) I always start with pencil sketches. I think it gives a very personal touch to characters than digital medium!! I scribble for as long as I want. Making small changes as I go. And at one point there is a “Eureka!” moment!! I pick that drawing and start developing it!
3) I take a photograph of the drawing (Never use Scan) and start developing different poses for it using thumbnails. Sometimes I directly jump onto finalizing!
4) Then I move onto my favourite part, which is creating variations for faces! This is purely playing with shapes and lines!! This part takes a lot of time. Sometimes I get carried away and spend days just on the face. But sometimes I hit the jackpot on the first try!!
5) If everything feels right, I move onto Coloring. Now this is a big process so I won’t go into details. But I always create a palette using various references. Like photographs, movie screenshots etc.
6) After a LOT of color adjustments, final touch ups and crazy amounts frustration and panic… Voila! My character is ready!!
LOL! This was a very short description of the process! Someday, I will write the whole thing in detail!!